Navbar

Image Map

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Come to the River.

 Peach Bud 2014 Update: I keep forgetting to pass on the bad news about the peaches.  Sorry guys, those little peach buds are toast.  Thanks a lot mother nature. 

If you don't know what that means, read this post.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Easter Everyone!

Today, I thought I would share the special art project Michael and I have been working on for the dining room.


I will post the tutorial later (lots of funny things) but I wanted to talk about the meaning behind this today, on Easter.

The words are from a song by the Rhett Walker Band, here is the music video.

If you can't see the video, here is the link

It's a song I heard for the first time our church awhile back and just loved it.  What a perfect message and fitting theme for our home...since, after all, we are on the river.

But, as you can probably guess, the meaning is a bit deeper than that...

The word Fulfillment became a keyword for me in college. One of the biggest questions I had during this time was "Where in my life do I find fulfillment?" Reflecting on this question, I didn't find the answer in my school work, or my job, or the things I had, or my friendships, or even in Michael.  There was really only one answer I could find that left every want and desire of my heart filled. 

Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again.  But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
John 4:13-14

So this little plaque on the wall? It is there as a reminder, that when I drink from the cup of Christ, I will thirst no more for the things that cannot truly fulfill me. Because only He is enough to quench the truest desires of my heart.
Praise be to the One that died for us and Hallelujah because He is risen!


Happy Easter.


Don't miss a beat.  
{Follow this blog on Bloglovin'}
 http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8102735/a-nurse-and-a-nerd

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that vintage wooden sign! It is one of my most favorite pieces I've seen like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in LOVE with that sign and those words that just touch my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sign and a great meaning! And I'm totally a sucker for wooden signs . . .

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Questions, comments, advice...Think of this as your invitation to add something to our blog.