Navbar

Image Map

Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Festive Bed & Bath

In case you missed it, last Wednesday I took ya'll through the main part of our home to share some of the Christmas decor as part of the Home for the Holidays Blog Hop. Click here for that post and links to the other 18 bloggers that joined in the festivities.

 
Today I plan to take you through our bedroom and bath that I have festively spruced.

Now compared to the rest of the house, I added some simple and understated additions that suggest the season but don't necessarily hit you in the face with it.  



Our bedroom is still fairly basic.  Curtains, bed, paint, furniture.  Not much in terms of accessorizing or artwork on the walls.  We're getting there.


But what I did do for Christmas was add a magnolia leaf garland to our headboard.


And the only other thing I added to the bedroom was this little gold christmasy vignette.
I got the mirror and tree at one of my favorite resale shops in town and the adorable little fawn from a garage sale this summer.  Isn't he just the sweetest little fawn..


Same kind of story in the bathroom.   Simple additions that suggest the season.

Here's what I did.


I had another garland of magnolia leaves so I just laid that across the bump out linen cabinet behind the tub. 


Years ago I bought this funky tree at a resale shop and I just felt like the soft colors go perfectly in the bathroom.


Other than that, I just added some pine cones and greenery to winterize the bathroom.




 And that's pretty much it!

Since this concludes the Christmas Home Tour,  I thought it would be fun to share what our home looked like a year ago just as we were getting ready to move in.


We've come a long way in a year!


It has been a fun, fun year of settling in.  For the six months after we bought our home, we had fun renovating and transforming this house from the outside in.  And in the last year, we have worked to make it feel like home.  We are far from done but that's OK with us! We love the journey!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you all have a VERY Merry Christmas!

Don't miss a beat.  
{Follow this blog on Bloglovin'}
 http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8102735/a-nurse-and-a-nerd 

-or-

{Follow this blog via Email}

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Questions, comments, advice...Think of this as your invitation to add something to our blog.